(Pocket-lint) – Chances are you’ve logged into Netflix on multiple devices since setting up your account. You may have added Netflix to your TV, phone, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick and more.
If so, you may have had issues with your viewing being restricted based on your selected Netflix plan. Maybe Netflix thinks you’re watching on too many different devices, or you just left your account logged in on devices you no longer own. All you have to do is log out.
Follow this guide to disconnect from everything you need and even do it remotely.
Log out of Netflix on all at once
One of the easiest ways to make sure your Netflix account is secure and that you’re only signed in to the devices you want is to simply sign out of all devices at once. Luckily this is very easy, if a bit extreme as you will also have to reconnect to everything you didn’t want to disconnect from.
If you’re looking to secure your account, this is a solid step in that direction. We also recommend changing your password while you’re at it, if you’re concerned about your account in any way.
To sign out of Netflix on all devices at once, follow these steps:
- Go to your laptop or desktop and log in to your Netflix account
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right of the screen and click on “account”
- On the account page, scroll down
- Look for the option to sign out of all devices and click on it
You will then be disconnected from everything and will have to reconnect where you want to be.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on Any TV
If you just want to sign out of Netflix on your TV, the steps are quite simple. This will only disconnect you from the TV you are connected to, but is ideal if you have temporarily connected to a new location, such as a hotel room for example.
It should be noted that the disconnection option is somewhat hidden on television:
- Open the Netflix app on your TV and choose one of the profiles you have configured
- When you are on the main browser, navigate to the bottom of the menu
- Click where it says “Get Help”
- On the next page, scroll down and select “log out”, then confirm
Once you’ve signed out, you should see the usual Netflix sign-in screen without any of your profile information or options.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on Your Phone
If you’re looking to disconnect from Netflix, using your phone is another great option. Using the official app on your phone allows you to sign out of multiple devices at once, just like you can on the desktop site.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Netflix app on your phone
- Click to open any profile
- Tap the profile picture at the top right of the app
- Find and click on “account” under the different options
- Scroll down and click “Sign out from all devices”
It will disconnect you from everything.
Written by Adrian Willings.