Too many Netflix viewers, not enough streams available? Whether it’s a busy house or you want to switch accounts, sign out of Netflix on your TV here.
Despite recent price hikes, Netflix remains one of the best video streaming services for watching high-quality TV shows and movies at home. After watching (or browsing) your favorite movies or shows, you might want to log out to give yourself a break.
It’s also a good idea to do this if you’re watching Netflix on multiple devices with the basic plan, which only allows one device to watch Netflix at a time. If you want to control the Netflix viewing habits in your family, this would be a good way to do it.
Another reason to sign out of Netflix on a TV is so others can sign in with their profile. Whatever the reason, here’s what you’ll need to do if you don’t know how to sign out of Netflix on a TV.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on a TV
Whatever the reason, signing out of Netflix is a simple process on virtually all smart TVs and devices.
Of course, not all TVs or connected devices are the same, so the steps may vary, but this guide will give you an idea of what to look for. So, for example, go to the second section if you want to sign out of all devices.
To sign out of Netflix on a TV;
- Launch the Netflix app on your Smart TV and navigate to Netflix home screen by pressing the Back button on your TV remote control.
- press the Left button on the remote to open the Netflix menu.
- Scroll down the menu on the left side and select Acquire help. You can highlight and select the Logout option from the menu. If you don’t see Acquire helpcheck the Netflix website for advice on your TV model.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- Using this sequence will bring up the Acquire help filter. From here you can select the Sign out menu option.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on All Devices
Another essential option for Netflix users is to simply sign out of all devices at once. It only works with the web version, so you’ll need your desktop computer or a web browser on your phone to do this.
To sign out of all devices you watch on Netflix:
- Launch a web browser, navigate to the Netflix website, and log in to your account if you aren’t already.
- Select your profile picture in the upper right corner and select Account from the menu.
- Scroll down the page, and under the Settings section, click the Log out of all devices link.
- Click on the blue Sign out when the verification screen appears.
Watch Netflix on your TV
The ability to sign out of Netflix on a TV is a good feature if someone wants to access their account, like your kids. If it’s running on too many devices simultaneously, disconnecting all devices on Netflix is simple.
If you are new to the video streaming site, you may be interested in how to change the language on Netflix or how to download content to your Mac for offline viewing. Speaking of offline viewing, you can learn more about the “Downloads for you” feature.
Another topic you might want to check out is adjusting the video quality on Netflix. If you have kids, you might want to consider hiding specific movies and shows on Netflix. And, of course, you can learn more about using parental controls on the streaming service.