How to write a profile essay: Essay writing is of myriad kinds. It entirely depends on the topic to be focused on at the time of writing. The writer can choose to phrase their essays in such a way that they are descriptive, narrative, argumentative, or otherwise. Sometimes the topics are such that the writing format is automatically fixed. An essay follows a specific structure. The content must be properly mixed with the skeleton of the composition. One of these formats is Profile Essay. When we read blogs, descriptions, articles, and other literary pieces, we may come across these types of essays.
If you want to know how to write a profile essay, what is it, important tips, etc., you can check the following article. In addition, an exemplary composition is also mentioned afterwards, which will prove to be very useful in understanding the profile trial plan.
How to write a profile essay?
Writing an essay can seem very simple and extremely simple. However, if one is to do the job perfectly, one must be equipped with complete knowledge about it. While trying to write an essay, the writer should be able to recognize the type of essay that needs to be written on a particular topic. In case there happens to be a topic where a full profile or personality of a person, object, occasion or any such entity needs to be explained, the author should frame it in the form of a profile essay. Writing such essays requires thorough research as well as a balanced understanding of the requirement of the subject.
What is a profile essay?
A profile essay is one where the author is required to describe the profile of the subject, person, event, organization or any other entity. If one has to think about it, a profile essay can be similar to a descriptive essay. Usually the writer is given a topic and extensive research is required. Once this is done, analyzing and composing, the scholar follows. Combining everything, a profile essay should be written. While writing about the profile of a certain object or person or event or any other such criteria, there should be a deep emphasis on insight and description.
Thus, a particular format must be followed, and yet the writer must try to incorporate as many facts relating to the subject as possible.
Important tips and format for the profile essay
Not everyone can have a taste for writing. However, to assume that despite not being naturally endowed with writing talent, one cannot excel in essay writing would be totally unwarranted. If the author wants to write a profile essay, he just needs to keep certain things in mind and follow a specific format. In this way, they will be able to easily pursue their idea while presenting it in an extremely acceptable composition. Profile trials follow a certain structure. This must be followed compulsorily while composing one. If one focuses diligently on the right format and structure, one will definitely be able to write an outstanding essay. The following tips and points will prove very helpful when writing a profile essay:
- Fully understand the kind of topic you have been given.
- Understand the test requirement. Once you know how to write the essay, it will be easier to frame it.
- Start by analyzing your thoughts on the subject. Once you fully recognize the information you already know on the subject, it will be easier to search for it correctly.
- start by gathering general facts and figures about the topic. For example, if one is to write a profile essay on a sportsman, the introduction would be about global recognition or public acknowledgment of personality.
- Go into the details and history of the subject. Why the object or person or event or organization or central idea of your subject exists, the writer must understand.
- The content or body of the essay should focus on the history or development of the topic, followed by the current state. After that knowledge of whereabouts or making or use of the entity can be listed.
- The essay should be written in the general format. This implies that the author must introduce the subject first followed by the body or content, and finally, conclude.
- At the end of the essay, the reader should be able to understand what exactly is the subject and why it is written.
- The conclusion should establish the significance or importance of the entity, which is the subject, in the reader’s life.
- Keep the paragraphs short so the essay doesn’t seem extremely monotonous.
- The language of the composition should be set in a tone where the reader can easily understand it.
In order to be more lucid on how to write a profile essay, we have taken an example. First, we will frame a profile essay on Diwali: the most anticipated festival in India.
Diwali: India’s most anticipated festival
The holiday of Deepavali or Diwali is celebrated throughout the Indian subcontinent with utmost zeal and enthusiasm. Basically, it is a Hindu festival, but it provides an ecstatic opportunity for Indians as citizens. It marks the victory of elimination over darkness. Generally, the festival is associated with lights, prosperity, positivity, and the start of a new year.
The festival is usually celebrated in the month of October or November. It lasts five days and the date synchronizes with the Karthikeya month of the Hindu calendar. In India, it also indicates the change of seasons. Religiously, the festival involves the return of the Hindu god, Lord Rama to his home with his wife and younger brother after a harsh 14-year exile. Moreover, it also signifies the devastation of evil, Narakasur, by Lord Krishna and Goddess Kali.
Deepavali is celebrated by clearing houses with lights and Diaz. Hindus pray for prosperity and positivity in their family and professional endeavors. Diwali is also crackers for the younger generation. However, with increasing pollution and decreasing environmental stability and sustainability, many are considering this way of celebrating the festival. Nevertheless, the party is enjoyed with commendable food and social gatherings.
Mainly, there are two major festivals in the country of India. One is Holi and the other is Diwali. The latter is one of the most awaited occasions in the lives of many Indians. This is so because the party lasts almost a week and provides a more accessible and acceptable means of celebration. The entire market and public squares are full of cheering crowds, and the country looks like a glowing decorated land.